Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Fourth of July

Im such a baby, I know.... On the fourth, our first fourth together in the 3 years I've known him, he came to grill me some Porter House steaks. At the park there was a firework display and the cannons and booms could be heard from my house.  He was a little irritated by the commotion and the sounds. He is a great chef and grilling, amongst other things, is one of his great talents. He arrived with a party in a bag, beers, chips, sausages and steaks.  Then he began to order me around.  Get this, do that, hurry up....Under normal conditions, someone ordering me around would bother me.  In this case, I was so happy to see him and spend time with him that I didnt mind.  He shared a story of a time he was in combat and they encountered an ambush.  He sais that his marine reminded him it was the 4th of July and as they fought back they were charged with excitement thinking they were 'clebrating the fourth' and that their gunshots were fireworks.  When they shot the enemy they imagined they were letting off fireworks in the sky.  He normally doesnt talk much about stories of when he is 'in' or what he does while he is there, aside from saying  that he is an independent agent and shoots bad people.  We ate, laughed and talked about stupid stuff, my work, his old dating stories, and my girlfriend's (who was there) love interests.  When we went to bed I shared with him the fact that I was late for my period and he responded, happily that it would be a good thing. He said  that a child is a blessing and if I was pregnant we would raise our child together.  Under normal conditions, I may be worried about having a child and not being married.  I already have one that I raised and never thought to have another one until....

I met my marine. 

Im off to buy the test, I will let you know how it turns out.

1 comment: